Навигация (только номера заданий)
0 из 9 заданий окончено
ČVUT v Praze Fakulta dopravní.
Bakalářský studijní program
Modelový test: Anglický jazyk
The maximum score of each exercise is 1 point. All questions in the test should be answered correctly to get the maximum score.
Max. bodů – 1. Pro zisk bodu je potřeba odpovědět na všechny otázky správně.
Вы уже проходили тест ранее. Вы не можете запустить его снова.
Вы должны войти или зарегистрироваться для того, чтобы начать тест.
Вы должны закончить следующие тесты, чтобы начать этот:
Правильных ответов: 0 из 9
Вы набрали 0 из 0 баллов (0)
- С ответом
- С отметкой о просмотре
Read the text carefully.
Biofuels and the Environment
Leading investors have joined the growing chorus of concern about governments and companies rushing into producing biofuels as a solution for global warming, saying that many involved in the sector could be jeopardising future profits if they do not consider the long-term impact of what they are doing carefully.
It is essential to build sustainability criteria into the supply chain of any green fuel project in order to ensure that there is no adverse effect on the surrounding environment and social structures. The report produced by the investors expresses concern that many companies may not be fully aware of the potential pitfalls in the biofuel sector.
Production of corn and soya beans has increased dramatically in the last years as an eco-friendly alternative to fossil fuels but environmental and human rights campaigners are worried that this will lead to destruction of rain forests. Food prices could also go up as there is increased competition for crops as both foodstuffs and sources of fuel. Last week, the UN warned that biofuels could have dangerous side effects and said that steps need to be taken to make sure that land converted to grow biofuels does not damage the environment or cause civil unrest. There is already great concern about palm oil, which is used in many foods in addition to being an important biofuel, as rain forests are being cleared in some countries and people driven from their homes to create palm oil plantations.
An analyst and author of the investors’ report says that biofuels are not a cure for climate change but they can play their part as long as governments and companies manage the social and environmental impacts thoroughly. There should also be greater measure taken to increase efficiency and to reduce demand.
adopted from https://www.usingenglish.com/
Part 1. Read the text again and type in the correct word from the text.
1. noun. a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation. (solution)
2. noun. (in plural form) a financial income, especially the difference between the amount earned and spent in buying. (profits)
3. noun. a marked effect or influence. (impact)
4.adjective. doing something properly with maximum attention. (carefully)
5.verb. make certain that something will occur, i.e. to assure. (ensure)
6.adjective. all round a particular place or thing like environment. (surrounding)
7.verb. make someone anxious or worried, troubled with something. (concern) concern
8.adverb. by a strikingly large amount or to a strikingly large extent; greatly. (dramatically)
9.verb. make physical harm to something break, burn, etc. (damage) damage
10. noun. a standard unit used to express the size, amount, or degree of object. (measure)
Part 2. Please read the statements and choose the correct answer according to the text above.
11. Many people are worried about the boom in biofuelsПравильноНеправильно
12. The businessmen involved in the biofuels area could not loose their future profits.ПравильноНеправильно
13. Biofuel producers know about the possible problems.ПравильноНеправильно
14. Environmentalists believe that increased production of corn and soya will lead to the destruction of rain forestsПравильноНеправильно
15. UN warned that biofuels mustn’t not damage civil interests of people regardless any effect on the natural environment.ПравильноНеправильно
16. Biofuels might drive food prices down.ПравильноНеправильно
17. The increased production of palm oil just affects people only.ПравильноНеправильно
18. The author of the report says that biofuels will negatively effect environmental problems and gloabl climate changes.ПравильноНеправильно